We are looking for a Full-Stack Ruby Engineer to join our growing team.
If you’re comfortable writing the backend APIs that your JS app consumes, helping with database decisions, debugging complex issues that span multiple systems, learning about infrastructure, and working on cool new products then, this might be the job for you. You will have a voice in what you build, and you’ll have the opportunity to prove your ideas right with data and testing.
Your role will be:
- Handling the normal bug mashing and feature implementation.
- Making our software and processes more developer-friendly.
- Being vocal about problems that you see and be proactive.
- If you’re going through a code base and see inefficiencies that need to be attended to, we’ll get them on the short-term road map or, in some cases, just work it into an existing task depending on what makes the most sense. Our engineering team is a strong proponent of the phrase “leave it better than you found it.”
- Every developer has some ownership of a portion of our architecture. There are several different applications, all with a roadmap of features and fixes that you can sink your teeth into. These range from main Rails application (Rails, Unicorn, Nginx) to data collection and archiving (Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Mongo, etc.). Most of the development is done in Ruby with portions written in other languages (PHP, Go, etc.).
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or even a Ruby-centric developer boot camp.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional full-stack coding experience and have a good grasp of the Ruby language, the interpreter, and Rails.
- Familiarity with Sinatra framework.
- Familiarity with front-end js frameworks like ember.js, react.js, vue.js or angular.js
- Working with various databases and picking up new technologies.
- Understanding of TDD and BDD best practices.
- Understanding of best practices for code development.
- Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems and Docker/Kubernetes.
- Performance optimizations, experimenting with new features, splitting big applications into smaller apps, and rapidly iterating on a piece of code.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
- Free courses and training programs
- Private Health insurance
- A friendly and fun working environment in a multicultural and fast-growing company
- Happy Fridays and annual team buildings
We have a lot to offer. To get an idea about our work environment, team spirit, and benefits, feel free to apply or contact us.